Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nauvoo Part 2!

Wednesday July 11th: 
    We woke up around 4 to go to Adam ondi ahman,  we got there and had a lesson overlooking the valley. This is where they say Christ will come when he comes again. We couldn't sit in the grass because of chiggers. We ate breakfast there and talked, had special moments. Then got back on the bus for 5 hours to go to Carthage Jail. That bus ride wasn't so bad. I slept about an hour of it. Once we got to Carthage we watched a video and talked to the missionaries there. Then they brought us into the actual Jail. That place is a very special place. The very last room we went into was where Joseph and Hyrum were killed, and everybody was crying. The spirit was so strong. 
   We ate lunch at Carthage and played some games. Brittany, Kristy, Morgan, and I went across the street to some weird museum that had sharks and stuff preserved in bottles and then ran across the street to get Sherrie Holmes a birthday cake. 
   We got on the buses once again and drove into Nauvoo! We went and ate dinner at the hotel and got our room key. We had 11 girls in our hotel room! But it was a pretty big hotel room :) That night we went and saw Old Nauvoo Rendezvous. That play was super cute. Kristy, Brittany and I walked around Nauvoo that night. I also forgot my temple recommend so at 1 am I got a new one. I think it's safe to say nobody really slept on this trip

Thursday July 12th:
  I had the early morning temple session. Side note--In Nauvoo we walked everywhere. The temple is like the middle of town and our hotel was ten blocks up from the Temple, while everything in town was about 10 blocks down from the temple.  We got to the temple and got dressed. I liked that temple because they let you do everything yourself. So we did everything in the temple. It was such a awesome experience. 
  That day we walked around town and went to all the sights. 
  Thursday night we went to the Nauvoo  Pageant, While walking down we went into a store and met this really cool lady who told us all about the Nauvoo Temple and the town and such. The Pageant was amazing. I did fall asleep in it though...I leaned forward to put my phone away and fell asleep. 

Friday July 13th: 
  The day before when we met the cool lady we really wanted to back to the temple so we did! We didn't baptize but we got to dress in these special dresses....I LOVED IT!! After the temple we went and saw a play at the visitors center, which I fell asleep again. ( I've never been so tired in my whole life) Later that night we went and saw the sunset on Mississippi play. And then we left around 9 PM! The ride home is kinda a blur to me...I slept but I didn't at the same time, we watched lots of movies, ate lots of treats ( we had this laundry basket full of treats and at every stop they would refill it, It was like Christmas day when they did that! haha) played lots of games, and tricks on people. The bus ride home was 24 hours. Everybody's legs were swollen, but I wouldn't trade anything. I loved this trip so much! 
Nauvoo Temple

Redbrick Store House Root beer! 

Me Toni Britany and Crystal at   Adam ondi ahman

Redbrick Store house Root beer! 


After the temple

Smith Family Cemetery

Carthage Jail


The rod kept falling on top of us! 

Ryan Spencer mike Morgan and I! 

This was right behind the temple...I couldn't help it :) 

The Bullet hole that killed Hyrum 


Outside Carthage 

Kristy Jen and I

  I never thought my testimony could grow so much in a week. It was so amazing to walk where the prophets have walked and to see all the hardships that our ancestors did for us. I recommend to everybody to go there...just don't take a bus :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment